MONARCH’S NEBULA | Huge 30×60 Resin Painting with LED Strips for Ambient Backlighting
Tiffani created Monarch’s Nebula as a way to capture the spirit of exploration and adventure of the unexplored depths of space. Every nebula she creates is one that could exist in our infinite universe and that is an idea that fuels her creativity.
The chaotic but moving recombination of colors and movement dance over each other with an array of light that only resin paintings are capable of capturing, where light passes through each layer, illuminating the one beneath it for a depth of experience magnified by the LED strips installed behind the painting that elevate it to a dynamic art installation.
- Size: Gallery Grade 30in x 60in x 1.5in
- Sides: Oregon Poplar wood with Japanese style, “Shou Sugi Ban” effect*
- Materials: UV-Resistant, eco-friendly tinted epoxy resin, 5 layers for extraordinary depth
- Installation: Ready to Hang, triple reinforced frame
- Lighting: fully installed LED strips that are customizable via a remote control, can sync with music, and works with a USB power source, plug included, but is also compatible with USB battery packs. This install gives the painting an outerglow and is achieved with transparent stand-offs for light permeation.**
*Sides: Originating in 18th century Japan, shou sugi ban is a particularly striking method of preserving wood by charring it with fire. Tiffani captures the look of this ancient tradition by sanding and staining the sides charcoal and rubbing it in to the wood grain leaving a similar effect that robustly complements the otherworldly outreach of her nebula paintings.
**NOTE: This painting is best put in a high light environment so you can see all the details well, or in a dark environment to take full advantage of the LED strips’ ambient lighting. Excellent choice for restaurant or bar artworks with an incredibly unique vibe.
WHAT IS RESIN PAINTING?
You can think of epoxy resin as a sort of liquid glass once it is mixed. After Tiffani mixes the two parts, the clock starts, leaving just about one hour to color the resin, pour it, and paint with it. It is about the consistency of honey while in this state.
Tiffani uses a knife and heat implements like a blow torch to paint these scenes. At the one-hour mark, it sets into its final form. Each layer takes about 72 hours to fully cure into a brilliant and extremely durable glass-like finish.
Most paintings have several layers, creating a depth of field unrivaled by other mediums. You can see through the transparencies of layers to those below and Tiffani is known for using this technique to create her signature immersive look of oceans and nebulae.
AVAILABLE TO BUY HERE