SEAFARER’S NEBULA | 24×36 with LED Strips for Ambient Backlighting
- CLICK HERE TO BUY: etsy.com
Tiffani created the Seafarer’s Nebula as a way to capture the spirit of exploration and adventure of unexplored depths of space and sea. This chaotic but moving recombination of colors and movement dance over each other with an array of light that only resin paintings are capable of capturing. It is a look beautifully magnified by the LED strips installed behind it that elevate the painting to an art installation that merges with light and music.
- Size: Gallery Grade 36in x 24in x 1.5in
- Sides: Oregon Poplar wood with Japanese style, “Shou Sugi Ban” effect*
- Materials: UV-Resistant, eco-friendly tinted epoxy resin, 5 layers for extraordinary depth
- Installation: Ready to Hang, triple reinforced frame
- Lighting: fully installed LED strips that are customizable via a remote control, can sync with music, and works with a USB power source, plug included, but is also compatible with USB battery packs. This install gives the painting an outerglow and is achieved with transparent stand-offs for light permeation.**
*Sides: Originating in 18th century Japan, shou sugi ban is a particularly striking method of preserving wood by charring it with fire. Tiffani captures the look of this ancient tradition by sanding and staining the sides charcoal and rubbing it in to the wood grain leaving a similar effect that robustly complements the otherworldly outreach of her nebula paintings.
**NOTE: This painting is best put in a high light environment so you can see all the details well, or in a dark environment to take full advantage of the LED strips’ ambient lighting. Excellent choice for restaurant or bar artworks with an incredibly unique vibe.